This is a wonderful video about Avery's General Store in Charlemont. We are so lucky to have them in our neighborhood. No need for Home Depot when you have Avery's in your backyard! Stop by for a visit, it is like going back in time.
Blog :: 01-2015
8 Tips for Finding Your New Home
- In Hampshire County, sales were down 4.4 percent from 1,106 in 2013 to 1,057 in 2014. The median price rose 4 percent from $250,000 to $260,000.
- In Franklin County, sales were up 18.1 percent for the year from 454 in 2013 to 536 in 2014. The price remained the same at $185,000.
- Sales were up in six of the past 12 months.
- The median price was up in 10 of the last 12 months.
- Inventory rose 0.9 percent from 1,956 single-family homes on sale at the end of 2013 to 1,973 at the end of 2014.
- Long term, the median price is up 4 percent in six years. It was $185,000 in 2008.
- Days on the market were up 3.3 percent to an average of 125 days on the market for a home for sale at the end of 2014.
7 Steps to Take Before You Buy a Home
This exquisite antique home was built in 1845 by prominent builders, the Stearn Brothers. The famous carpenters are known for their quality craftsmanship and attention to detail which is evident as you tour this special home. The spacious interior is light & bright featuring period details including beautiful wide pine floors, a gracious staircase and foyer, and custom woodwork. The first floor has a country style eat-in kitchen with pantry & Bosch appliances, dining room, double parlors w/woodstove, office/bedroom and 1/2 bath. The second floor has 3 bedrooms, full bath, spacious closets & built-ins along w/ plumbing for an additional bathroom. It is perfectly sited for southern exposure and on a corner lot located along the picturesque Main St. of Northfield. The grounds have lovely perennial gardens, fruit trees, and a sitting area with water feature. Conveniently located, not far from the charming downtown and near many historic homes! This antique treasure must be seen in person. $278,000
This 20 acre farm was once a successful cheese making operation and is ready for you to bring it back to where it once was. The large 2-story Barn has a retail store area, walk-in cooler, buderus heating system with panel radiators, spray foam insulation, several stalls and an abundance of storage. The second post and beam barn has box stalls, hayloft and plenty of storage. The antique home does need work but has all the room you would need. It has an in-law apartment with kitchen, living room, 2 full baths, and a bedroom. The main part of the home has a kitchen, dining room, living room with woodstove, office, 2 full baths, and 4 bedrooms. The 20 acres has open paddock areas and it abuts the Mill Brook. This property is located less than 5 minutes from the center of Charlemont and near many recreational activities. It is a great opportunity for someone who wants to farm and have a home based business. Come take a look! $259,900