This delightful Farmhouse style home is located on a dead end street and not far from the thriving village of Shelburne Falls. The sun-filled interior is light and airy and has all the charming details you desire in an older home. The interior features a good size kitchen with pantry, dining room, first floor bedroom or office, living room, two bedrooms, large full bath and wood floors. In addition, there is a spacious room that has a separate entrance and would make a perfect studio, home office or first floor master suite. It has a large closet, woodstove, and a full bath. There are front and side porches and a 1-car garage with spacious workshop or potential studio space. The yard has lovely gardens and the location is ideal. Call today for more information and set up an appointment and take a look! $225,000
Blog :: 04-2015
This Shelburne location doesn't get any better than this! Less than 10 minutes from Greenfield you will find this charming Bungalow style home that is secluded from the road and comes with 13 beautiful acres. It is perfectly sited atop of a knoll where you could remove some trees and enjoy westerly views of scenic farmland and the hills beyond. The spacious interior features a good size kitchen, large living area with handsome fireplace, dining room, sitting room or office area, first floor laundry, plenty of built-ins, 3 bedrooms, 1 1/2 baths, and hardwood floors. In addition there is a large unfinished space that would make a fabulous studio or master bedroom suite. There is also an enclosed porch, outside patio and an attached 2 car garage. The surrounding grounds have mature trees, nice open lawn area and plenty of room for gardening. If you are looking for a special home in a prime location, this is one that must be seen. $375,000
Many updates have been done to this spacious Colonial home. The fabulous 1 acre yard is all open and is perfect for gardens. The first floor has a large eat-in kitchen, full bath, living area, bedroom, office and front and back porches! The second floor has 3 bedrooms, full bath and a porch. In addition there is a 1 car garage and an attached outbuilding which is perfect for storage or workshop space. This home is perfectly located near Avery's General Store, Elementary School, post office, cafe and pizza place. There is plenty of nearby recreational activities including Berkshire East Ski Area, white water rafting, fishing, zip lines, mountain coaster, hiking and more. Make an appointment today to take a look at this wonderful home. $169,000
You will appreciate the quality workmanship in this beautifully maintained antique Colonial. It was tastefully renovated incorporating period details that include hand planed pine paneling, crown moldings, custom cabinetry, wide pine floors and built-ins. The spacious interior includes a kitchen, 4 bedrooms, formal living room w/ a restored period fireplace, dining room w/cherry sideboard, and 2 1/2 baths. It provides a comfortable living environment as a large single family home or it can be used as a 2-family with an apartment that includes a kitchen, full bath & living/sleeping area. Perfect for guests, rental income, home office or convert to a fabulous master suite. You will enjoy relaxing outside on the back patio that overlooks the picturesque 3 acres w/views of the lovely gardens. Come take a look and see why the Town of Ashfield was recently featured in Yankee Magazine. This home is conveniently located near the charming downtown and nearby recreation & cultural activities. $415,000
- Sales - Up 14.2 percent from 246 in March 2014 to 281 in March 2015.
- Median Price - Down 2.8 percent from $185,225 in March 2014 to $180,000 in March 2015.
- Inventory is down 6.1 percent from 2,067 single family listings at the end of March 2014 to 1,941 single family listings at the end of March 2015.
- Supply - At the end of March 2014 there 8.4 months of supply at the current rate of sale. At the end of March 2015 there were 6.9 months of supply at the current rate of sale.
- Days on Market - The average days on market is down 4.5 percent from 156 days in March 2014 to 149 in March 2015.
- A Six-Year View - The median price remains the same from $180,000 in March 2010 to $180,000 in March 2015.
- Mortgage Rates - 30 year fixed rate mortgage averaged 3.69 percent with an average of 0.6 points for the week ending March 26, 2015. Last year at this time the 30 year FRM averaged 4.40 percent with an average 0.6 points. (Source: FreddieMac.com)
What's Trending Now in Real Estate
Home prices are surging
Mortgage rates hold steady
Sellers are needed
Buyers want move-in-ready properties
Foreclosures keep slipping
Trending in 2015
Buying: it's cheaper than renting
A focus on first-time buyers
7 Tips for Staging Your Home
- Sales - Up 3.7 percent from 215 in February 2014 to 223 in February 2015.
- Median Price - Up 11.2 percent from $169,900 in February 2014 to $189,000 in February 2015.
- Inventory is down 5.8 percent from 1,922 single family listings at the end of February 2014 to 1,811 single family listings at the end of February 2015.
- Supply - At the end of February 2014 there 8.9 months of supply at the current rate of sale. At the end of February 2015 there were 8.1 months of supply at the current rate of sale.
- Days on Market - The average days on market is up 6.5 percent from 138 days in February 2014 to 147 in February 2015.
- A Six-Year View - The median price is up 9 percent from $173,250 in February 2010 to $189,000 in February 2015.
- Mortgage Rates - 30 year fixed rate mortgage averaged 3.80 percent with an average of 0.6 points for the week ending February 26, 2015. Last year at this time the 30 year FRM averaged 4.37 percent with an average 0.7 points. (Source: FreddieMac.com)