Learn about the exceptional recreation activities available right in the Franklin and Hampshire County area of the Pioneer Valley Region. If you have any questions about the area, contact Wanda. You can also learn more about culture in the Pioneer Valley Region of Western Massachusetts.
White Water Rafting
- Crabapple White Water Rafting - Charlemont MA
- Moxie White Water Rafting - Deerfield River, Western Ma
- Zoar Outdoor Recreation - Charlemont, MA
- Berkshire East Mountain Resort - Charlemont MA
- Stumpsprouts Cross Country Skiing - Expansive Views, Groomed trails, Hawley, MA
Points of Interest
- Historic Old Deerfield - Historic Home Tours, Museums, Dining, Deerfield, Massachusetts
- Great Falls Discovery Center - An educational display of the CT River, local wildlife and birds, Turners Falls MA
- Trolley Museum and Rides - History of trolley transit of the ares, restored Trolley offers rides, Shelburne Falls, MA
- Bridge of Flowers - Old trolley transformed into a spectacular flower garden, Shelburne Falls, MA
- Northfield Drive in Threater - Park and enjoy the digital film, Northfield, MA
- Magic Wings Indoor Observatory - enjoy live butterflys flying around you all year round, many displays, Deerfield, MA
- Mohawk Trail Region - Things to Do Along the Scenic Highway, Route 2
- Swimming Spots - Franklin County MA
- Collins Moylan-Skating Arena - Greenfield, MA
- Western MA Bike Trails - bike trails available in Western MA
- Yankee Candle - Deerfield, MA
- Kringle Candle - Bernardston, MA
- Sheepskin Slippers and Accessories - Rugs, Slippers, Boots, Gloves, Shelburne MA
- Mohawk Trading Post - Authentic Native Products, Mohawk Trail, Shelburne, MA
- Old Deerfield Country Store - kitchen gadgets, ice cream, figures, seasonal items, Old Deerfield, MA
- Country Club of Greenfield - beautiful 18 hole golf course, upscale restaurant overlooking course, Greenfield MA
- Northfield Golf Club - 9 hole golf cocurse in scenic Northfield, MA
- Crumpin-fox - Noted 18 hole golf course, restaurant, lodging nearby, Bernardston, MA
- Edge Hill Golf Course - 18 hole majestic golf course in Ashfield, MA
- Goodnows-Chip-and-Putt - Short 3 par golf course, Shelburne MA
- Oak Ridge Country Club - 9 holes, Gill, MA
- The Meadows - 9 holes, Greenfield, MA
- Thomas Memorial Golf & Country Club - Turners Falls, MA
- Apex Orchards - Shelburne, MA
- Pine Hill Orchards - Apples, wine, restaurant, local produce, Colrain, MA
- Clarkdale Fruit Farms - Family owned farm, Deerfield, MA
- Shelburne Falls Massachusetts - Calendar of Events
- Franklin County Massachusetts - Calendar of Events
- Catamount State Forest - (413) 339-5504. Between Colrain and Charlemont, can be accessed by Four Mile Square Road in Colrain.
- Conway State Forest - (413) 268-7098. Southern Conway, it's reached from West Whately Road off Route 116 just east of the Village.
- H.O. Cook State Forest - (413) 339-5504. Colrain, located 1 mile east of Route 8A on State Farm Road, south of the Vermont State line.
- Daughters of the American Revolution State Forest - (413) 268-7098. 1,000 acre forest in Ashfield and Goshen. Reached by taking Cape Street, about 1 mile from the Route 112/Spruce Corner intersection.
- Erving State Forest - (978) 544-3939. 4,479 acres reached by North Street from the center of town or from Route 2A on Wendell Depot Road where there is an administration building.
- Kenneth Dubuque State Forest - (413) 339-5504. 7,822 acres in Hawley reached either from Route 8A off Route 2 in Charlemont or from Route 116 in Plainfield to Route 8A in Charlemont.
- Leyden State Forest - (413) 545-5993. 61 acres between County and Beaver Meadow Roads in Leyden.
- Mohawk Trail State Forest - (413) 339-5504. 6,457 acres located in the towns of Charlemont, Savoy, Florida and Hawley on Route 2 in Charlemont.
- Monroe State Forest - (413) 339-5504. A 4,321-acre forest that is in southern and central Monroe and extends into Florida. . It is reached off Route 2, east on Monroe Road.
- Mount Grace State Forest - (978) 544-6536. In Warwick, encompassing 1,689 acres. An administration building is located on Route 78 near the New Hampshire border.
- Mount Toby Reservation - (413) 545-5993. In Sunderland, on Reservation Rd off Rte 47 at the Montague town line.
- Northfield State Forest - (413) 545-5993. Hunting, fishing and hiking on 2,223 acres. This forest can be reached on Wendell Depot Road north, off Route 2.
- South River State Forest - (413) 339-5504. 500 acres in Conway. Accessed from Shelburne Falls and Bardswell Ferry Roads north of Route 116.
- Shutesbury State Forest - (413) 659-3797. 845-acre forest located off Cooleyville Road.
- Warwick State Forest - (413) 545-5993. Reached on Route 78 and Athol Road.
- Wendell State Forest - (413) 659-3797. 7,900 acres in Wendell. Reached by Wendell Depot Road off Route 2A or Cooleyville Road from Route 202.