Wanda Mooney is an Accredited Staging Professional and received specific training in staging homes. A well maintained sparkling clean home are the most appealing features to a buyer. Now more than ever it is extremely important to make a listing stand out in the marketplace. A staged property usually sells for more and in less time. Wanda will work with you on making sure your home is staged properly before it hits the market.
Below are some tips to get you started. If you have questions or would like more information about selling your home - contact Wanda today!
Most buyers drive by houses first before setting up showing appointments. Make sure the outside is always picked up and maintained. Here are a few recommendations.
- Make sure lawn is mowed, shrubs are trimmed, flowers are weeded and no debris is left outside.
- Add a container or two full of brightly colored flowers on the front step or porch.
- Clean up the entry way, and if necessary, apply a coat of paint.
- Clear the entry hall of toys and any items that will give it a cluttered look.
- Keep garage doors closed and if possible, driveway clear of cars.
- Make sure damaged shingles and any roof repairs have been completed.
- Keep walkways and steps clear of obstructions and sweep.
- Eliminate any cobwebs or dirt around doorway, windows or light fixtures.
- Repair any peeling paint and loose caulking, paint where needed.
- Replace screens if ripped or rusted.
- If you have pets, make sure their waste is picked up.
- Tidy up the garage and show off its size.
- Step back and take a look - Make sure things look clean!
You want buyers to be just as impressed with the inside as they are with the outside. Taking the time to make sure your house is ready to show is worth the extra effort.
- The best thing you can do for the inside is remove the clutter.
- Crowded rooms look smaller, put excess furniture in storage.
- Kitchen and bathroom counters should be clear and cabinets cleaned.
- Make sure you remove everything that is displayed on your refrigerator.
- Closets and cupboards will be opened. Make sure they are neat.
- Wash your windows, repair any cracked windowpanes.
- Fix dripping faucets and replace any burned-out light bulbs.
- Repair any holes or cracks in walls. A fresh cost of neutral paint makes a big impact.
- If needed, replace electrical outlet and switch covers. It will give it a fresh look.
- Paint baseboard heaters if look rusted or worn.
- Make bathroom sparkle. Replace or clean grout around the tub and sink. Hang fresh new towels and a shower curtain.
- Clean and brighten the basement with light color paint and large wattage bulbs.
- Consider hiring a cleaning company to go through the house, wash floors and clean carpets.
- If possible, remove your pets and make sure their beds and dishes are put away. Vacuum thoroughly as some people are allergic to pets and you don't want them to have a reaction.
Prior to a showing make sure you turn on all the lights especially in the basement and attic and dark areas of the home.