Whether you are looking to build or buy an existing home below are some helpful information for you to know. There are links to the state websites regarding the removal or abatement of hazardous materials, information about percolation tests and septic systems, energy efficiency and forestry management. If you have any specific questions feel free to contact Wanda at 413-768-9848 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Asbestos: State Resource guide, policies, regulations, guidance, federal information
- Lead Paint: Resource guide, learn about where to look for lead in an older home.
- Mold Resources: U.S. EPA information on all molds, regulations, air quality standards.
- Radon - Learn more about this odorless and tasteless radioactive gas.
Abide, Inc. - Removal of vermiculite and asbestos, and mold remediation.
Swat Environmental - Radon Mitigation Solutions
Mass Radon - Radon Mitigation
Percolation Test & Septic Systems
Percolation Tests: What is a percolation test, an observation well, what are the trends, know about ground water.
Septic Systems: Learn more about septic systems, how to maintain them and the Title 5 Inspection.
For more information about percolation tests contact one of the following local engineers:
- Shawn Kimberley - 413-624-9621
- Mark Thompson - 413-247-5464
- Lisa Danek-Burke - 413-339-4044
For more information about the costs and process involved to install a septic system contact one of the following contractors:
- Craig Purinton - 413-625-2352
- Bob Deane - 413-648-9089
- W.R. Hillman & Sons, Inc. - 413-625-2847
- Jonathan Winsky - 413-339-8319
- Drinking Water: Mass DEP guidelines provide information all about drinking water.
Contact a lab directly or have a home inspector take a sample.
- Howard Laboratories, Inc. - 413-247-5533
- Environmental Labs - 413-774-4751
- JM Rodkey, Home Inspector (take a sample) - 413-259-6969
- Chapter 61 Forestry: Extensive information Chapter 61, 61a and 61b.
Learn about your woods and the care that it might need by hiring a professional forester.
- Lincoln Fist with Baystate Forestry Services - 413-575-9790
- Energy Efficiency: Helpful hints and facts to create an energy efficient property.
- MassSave: Learn about state programs available to make your home more energy effecient.
Contact local contractors who specialize in energy efficient homes.
- Obear Construction - 413-367-3053
- RG Penfield and Sons - 413-774-4483
- Wright Builders - 413-586-8287