This is the time of year when my sellers are making the decision whether to keep their home on the market or remove and re-list in the spring. Depending on the property, I do encourage my sellers to keep their homes on the market for the following reasons:
1) Buyers purchase homes 12 months out of the year. There has been time when I have had more
sales in the winter than in the spring or summer.
2) You have less competition of homes on the market this time of year. The majority of
sellers will wait until spring to list which means you have more competition on the
market. If the inventory of homes for sale is down there will be less choices for Buyers to
3) Buyers who look this time of year want to be settled in before spring. They want to enjoy
their new home when the warmer weather arrives.
4) Less real transactions are being processed which means a quicker response you will receive
from your lenders, appraisers and attorneys.
5) You will have less showing appointments but the Buyers looking are usually more serious.
If you have any questions about selling your home, please give the Mooney & Roberts team a call.
Wanda Mooney - 413-337-8344
Cathy Roberts - 413-522-3023