The real estate market ended up on a positive note!!
The pioneer valley region, the number of single-family homes sold across the Pioneer Valley rose by just six-tenths of a percentage point in 2014, but the median price was up 2.7 percent.
There were 4,655 homes sold in 2013 and 4,686 in 2014, according to year-end statistics released this week by the Realtor Association of Pioneer Valley.
Franklin & Hampshire County:
- In Hampshire County, sales were down 4.4 percent from 1,106 in 2013 to 1,057 in 2014. The median price rose 4 percent from $250,000 to $260,000.
- In Franklin County, sales were up 18.1 percent for the year from 454 in 2013 to 536 in 2014. The price remained the same at $185,000.
- Sales were up in six of the past 12 months.
- The median price was up in 10 of the last 12 months.
- Inventory rose 0.9 percent from 1,956 single-family homes on sale at the end of 2013 to 1,973 at the end of 2014.
- Long term, the median price is up 4 percent in six years. It was $185,000 in 2008.
- Days on the market were up 3.3 percent to an average of 125 days on the market for a home for sale at the end of 2014.
This information provided by Realtor Association of Pioneer Valley.