Typical Home Purchased in the U.S.
- 84% of buyers purchased a previously owned home, with 79% of buyers choosing a detached single-family home.
- Looking at first-time and repeat buyers, both also purchased detached single-family homes more often with 75% of first-time buyers and 81% of repeat buyers.
- 50% of all buyers purchased their home in a suburb/subdivision. The typical detached single-family home purchased was 2,000 square feet.
- Homes purchased also had a median of 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and was built in 1993.
- Of all buyers, the expected length of tenure in the home purchased was 12 years.
The White House
Posted in Economist Commentaries, by Brandi Snowden, Research Survey Analyst
- The White House was built in 1792, and in comparison is located in an urban or central area.
- The White House contains 6 levels, has 132 rooms, including 35 bathrooms.
- It also includes features such as: a tennis court, jogging track, swimming pool, billiard room, movie theatre, and bowling alley.
- While tenure in the median expected tenure in home lasts around 12 years, in the White House the expected tenure is between 4 and 8 years.