As summer winds down, fairs and festivals are popping up all over Western Mass. Last weekend, hundreds came out for the 101st Heath Fair. This coming weekend marks the 150th Cummington Fair in Cummington, MA. The Fair was started in 1868 but was initiated in 1883 as the Hillside Agricultural Society. Today, the Cummington Fair remains true to its agricultural roots with events based around livestock and tractors, such as the livestock shows, horse draws, and antique engine and tractor shows.
But that’s not the only reason to go to the Cummington Fair. This year’s 4-day event will include a bike stunt show, fireworks, a craft barn, demolition derby and more. The stages will fill with live entertainers such as Zoe Darrow, Presley and Taylor, Jose Duddy, and others. Plus, there will be all sorts of vendors selling food, crafts, and other items. The Cummington Fair starts Thursday, August 23 and runs through Sunday, August 26. Purchase tickets online and get more information at cummingtonfair.com.
Here are some other great festivals and fairs coming up soon:
- 71st Annual Shelburne Grange Fair, Shelburne - Saturday, August 25
- Fit & Fun Family Weekend at Apex Orchards, Shelburne - Saturday & Sunday, August 25 & 26
- Franklin County Fair, Greenfield - Thursday-Sunday, September 6-9
- Three County Fair, Northampton - Friday-Monday, August 31-September 3
- The Big E, West Springfield - September 14-30